St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999, Tri Delta established a national partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
Philanthropy Involvement at Alpha Chapter
Alpha Chapter is extremely devoted to our philanthropy. In addition to a few small-scale events, once a semester we host a large event, in which all the proceeds go to St. Jude.
In Fall 2019, we hosted Delta Palooza for the first time! For a small entrance fee, attendees got to participate in winter carnival-esque games, eat food, and win prizes!
Every spring, we host the nationally-loved event Delta House of Pancakes, or DHOP. For a small fee, participants come and hang out with their friends, write letters to patients at St. Jude, and— the best part— eat unlimited pancakes! This event is well-attended and loved every year, and we hope to see you there next time!
Finally, each spring we also host a sisters-only event called Sincerely Yours, where we write letters to potential donors advocating for patients at St. Jude. This is by far the best fundraising technique because of its wide reach, and it's always a fun time for our sisters!
For more information on our campus philanthropy events or questions about partnering, please contact Nicole Zakskorn, our Director of Philanthropy, at email@example.com.